The journey to FreshBakedNY started in a bagel shop in East Hampton, NY where Michelle created her first brainchild Mich’s Maccs. The Maccs were an instant sensation at local farmer’s markets and food stores throughout the Hamptons and Manhattan.
Michelle’s next brainchild FreshBakedNY was inspired by her passion to connect people to baked goods and baked goods to people.
Michelle’s Maccs are better than ever and now available in 13 imaginative flavors.
Michelle’s Baked is an exclusively curated and growing collection of NY Style baked goods.
A true start-up, the concept of FreshBakedNY emerges as a web-based marketplace with two collections of authentic NY Style baked goods.
Michelle and Michele are the owners of FreshBakedNY, LLC. Michelle is the creative side. Michele is the numbers side. They go together like Yin and Yang.
Michelle and Michele have brought FreshBakedNY to life from the ground up. FreshBakedNY is the product of their 28 years of friendship, love, trust, companionship, and of course, a shared love of NY Style baked goods. Once Michelle and Michele’s paths crossed, the rest was history.
Both empowered, successful women raising families, they always turned to each other for life’s most important and trivial nuances. Whatever the issue big or small, they lean on each other.
Creative Director and the Sales Manager, Michelle Goldberg has a background in business and sales. With her former baked goods company, Mich’s Maccs, under her belt, she has the power to make FreshBakedNY an incredibly creative and fun brand.
CFO and partner, Michele Piedmonte has a background in corporate finance for Fortune 500 companies. Michele has the experience to turn this new brand into a successful business.
FreshBakedNY could be considered their eighth collective child (they’ve raised 7 between them), and in its first year of life, they’ve proudly launched the nation’s first e-commerce bakery that will be the premiere one-stop-shop for the best NY Style pastries.
We use the finest Belgian chocolate in its truest form. Our chocolate is categorized as couverture chocolate, the highest quality of chocolate. In order to work with couverture chocolate, a complicated tempering process is required.
Most of us, even including us many years ago, do not realize that most of the chocolate we eat is actually made from a powder (most forms of candy bars), a chocolate glaze, or coating (most bakery products). Chocolate coating is a vegetable fat-based coating. If you read the labels a bit closer, you’ll see that candy bars are titled “chocolate candy” as opposed to pure chocolate. The cocoa solids are separated from the cocoa butter and then reassembled with preservatives and many other ingredients. Not our chocolate.
- Dark chocolate has more cocoa (the bean) and less sugar. That is why it is considered the healthiest and contains antioxidants.
- Eating dark chocolate widens our arteries and promotes healthy blood flow.
- Eating dark chocolate every day reduces the risk of heart disease by 1/3.
- Flavonoids found in cocoa products have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- A lethal dose of chocolate is 22 lbs.
- The smell of chocolate increases brain waves, which triggers relaxation.
- Chocolate is poisonous to dogs and cats.
- Chocolate has an antibacterial effect on the mouth and protects against tooth decay.
- Chocolate melts in your mouth because its average melting point is 93 degrees.
- Through an endorphin rush, chocolate brings feelings of LOVE.