As a triathlete and mother of four with a gluten intolerance, Michelle Goldberg knew there was a way to eat sweet and eat smart – she invented Michelle’s Maccs. The Maccs are likened to a coconut macaroon however have no eggs, flour or almond paste. A special baking process binds the basic recipe together and then The Maccs are covered in imported Belgian chocolates. For decades, friends and family urged Michelle to go into business. In 2008, she started her first company, Mich’s Maccs out of a bagel shop in East Hampton, NY with 3 original flavors: Simple Milk, Simple Dark & Simple White.
Michelle’s Maccs continuously sold out in 31 prominent locations throughout The Hamptons and Manhattan. In 2011, Michelle was hit by a car and due to the severity of her injuries, she had to shut-down the business. Four years later, Michelle was finally able to bring The Maccs back.
In 2015, Michelle researched and formalized the brand FreshBakedNY, LLC and Michele Piedmonte joined on to manage the operations. The timing was perfect, the stars were aligned and their partnership became the icing on the cake.
Michelle and Michele are the owners of FreshBakedNY, LLC. and together they proudly launched FreshBakedNY.com October 2016. Michelle’s Maccs are better than ever and now available in 13 imaginative flavors. Michelle’s Baked is an exclusively curated and growing collection of NY Style baked goods.
Michelle is the creative side. Michele is the numbers side. They go together like Yin and Yang.
Founder and inventor of Michelle’s Maccs
Co-Founder and CFO
Michele is a proud alumnus with a Finance Degree from Manhattan College. She has 20+ years of experience in corporate finance and rose in the ranks to manage a $70m IT budget. Strategic planning, forecasting and operations are her forte.
Michele is one of the “friends” that was always pushing to bring The Maccs to market. Michele has the experience, commitment and fervor that makes FreshBakedNY a lucrative business and flourishing brand.
We use the finest Belgian chocolate in its truest form. Our chocolate is categorized as couverture chocolate, the highest quality of chocolate. In order to work with couverture chocolate, a complicated tempering process is required.
Most of us, even including us many years ago, do not realize that most of the chocolate we eat is actually made from a powder (most forms of candy bars), a chocolate glaze, or coating (most bakery products). Chocolate coating is a vegetable fat-based coating. If you read the labels a bit closer, you’ll see that candy bars are titled “chocolate candy” as opposed to pure chocolate. The cocoa solids are separated from the cocoa butter and then reassembled with preservatives and many other ingredients. Not our chocolate.
- Dark chocolate has more cocoa (the bean) and less sugar. That is why it is considered the healthiest and contains antioxidants.
- Eating dark chocolate widens our arteries and promotes healthy blood flow.
- Eating dark chocolate every day reduces the risk of heart disease by 1/3.
- Flavonoids found in cocoa products have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- A lethal dose of chocolate is 22 lbs.
- The smell of chocolate increases brain waves, which triggers relaxation.
- Chocolate is poisonous to dogs and cats.
- Chocolate has an antibacterial effect on the mouth and protects against tooth decay.
- Chocolate melts in your mouth because its average melting point is 93 degrees.
- Through an endorphin rush, chocolate brings feelings of LOVE.